Hey Friends 👋
I hope you're all doing well and had a great week?
With this being the last Sunday of 2021 and in turn, this being the last Sunday Summaries edition of 2021 as well, I want to spend the edition looking back at the year been as well as looking forward to the new year.
For me, 2021 has been a year of laying foundations:
- I started my first full-time developer role which I aspired to for years.
- I also started taking content creation more seriously with 2 published commissioned blog posts to my name and more in the pipeline coming up. On top of this, I also did livestreams and a whole host of content on Twitter.
- I released an info product at the start of the year.
- And, we grew a community of over 2500 people on Twitter.
Looking back, there is always going to be the thoughts of I could've done more and this could've gone better, etc. But, I also can't help but feel immensely proud of everything that was achieved this year.
At the start of the year, earning money from writing blog posts was just a dream as was building a community on Twitter but both of those things happened.
Sometimes I think we can get lost in chasing others and the successes they've had, wanting to replicate them for ourselves. And, while I think it's good we have aspirations to achieve these things and better ourselves. We should also be proud and celebrate the things we do accomplish.
Looking forward to next year, I want to continue to build on the foundations laid this year and carry on growing our community, produce more content and diversify my income sources further from my full-time role.
I'm planning on making 2022 a great year and one that leads to the realisations of goals. I'm sure my goals will change throughout the year as that is only natural but for now, in 2022 I would like to:
- Grow our Twitter community even further
- Diversify my income sources using other platforms and services (info products, livestreams, videos, contracting)
- Grow and land my first paying client for my Web Development agency PhyType
But, enough about me. I would love to hear about your goals and aspirations for 2022 and how you are going to achieve them in the new year. If you would like to share them with me, please feel free to reply to this email. 😊
I hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you a very happy and prosperous new year and beyond in 2022.
As always, thank you for reading.
This last week has been crazy with the build-up to Christmas and everything. I've been hard at work building a proof of concept for an article I'm working on with Fauna. The article will be out soon (hopefully within the first half of January) but if you're interested you can check out the proof of concept in the Tweet below:
💯 My Current Faves
- 📺: The Witcher Season 2, I may have binge-watched this in the last week. 😅
- 📚: Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear. This book is amazing and is 100% worth a read.
If you have enjoyed this edition and want to see more of my content please consider checking out my various socials below:
If you have a question you'd like me to ask me then I'd ask you to consider publically tweeting me it so others may be able to learn from it. However, I understand not all questions are suitable for the public domain in which case you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org